Simplify for Joy #3: Design A Morning Routine

Start Your Day Peacefully & Efficiently


Oh, crap. Haven't I just explained how much trouble I'm having with mornings? This is going to be a serious challenge for me - and I'm probably going to need a lot of help from Marli with this one (she's the Routine Queen).

PC: Some eCards
"Science says: Willpower is highest in the morning" [Kevan Lee, Buffer Open], so I think that maybe Science is just Jon Snow in disguise.

Sleepy Esteé can never be trusted. She even lies and makes up excuses to convince her husband that - even though she asked him to help her wake up, with specific instructions on how to go about it - there is no real reason for her to get up, that she clearly miscalculated the time needed to get ready and out of the door on time. Sleepy Esteé is Willpower's Kryptonite.

To design my own new morning routine, I've asked Marli to give me her best morning advice, but in the meantime, I've scoured the internet and found a few tips that, realistically speaking, might get me going in the right direction.

So far, these are the guidelines I'll start with:

1. Start the night before - plan outfit, hair, makeup, etc.
2. Avoid the Snooze Button.
3. Stretch
4. Figure out what makes me tick. (Maybe splashing my face with water? I need to find out what will banish Sleepy Esteé for good.)
5. Eat Breakfast.

Are you a morning person? What's included in your daily routine?


*What’s This?


Every week through 2017, we'll attempt one of Erica Layne's 52 Obtainable Ways to Simplify Your Life. For more info, you can read our introductory post here.

Comments

Popular Posts